Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oddly enough I cannot seem to post a comment like you can, Janet! I also unable to attach photos to my posts...something must be disabled somewhere
The flower is a variety of Hellebore, also known as Lenten Rose. It is an early blooming perennial
( hence the reference to Lent...it will bloom through the snow!). It is also known as the Stinking Rose because the flowers smell awful if you sniff them, so no picking them for the kitchen table...

I made copies many years ago of the parrot photo and each of my siblings has one. Pretty funny, eh?

Thanks for your interest!

2 comments:

janet said...

Thanks... they may be called stinking roses but they are gorgeous! I like the green writing on earth day, too.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic